How to put the power of positive self-talk into action for yourself

Do I always have to have a specific goal in mind when I begin my positive self-talk sessions?

No, you do not always have to have one concrete goal in mind when you begin your self-talk sessions. It is true that having one particular goal or direction in mind can be extremely beneficial in helping you further your progress. in one particular area, but if you are looking to just generally improve your outlook on life and your ability to cope with trying situations, here are some helpful phrases that you can use in your positive self-talk sessions to accomplish that goal.

“I will remember to carry out everyday tasks that might sometimes slip my notice. I will make room for balance in my life, for time with my friends and family as well as time to myself.”

“I will not undertake any task that I know is beyond my ability to handle successfully.”
“When I choose to undertake a task I will make steady progress on it.”
“I will become more dedicated to the process of a complete and balanced life. I will become excited about improving my life.”

“Every time I practice my relaxation exercises I will do my best to make positive progress.”

“I am willing, eager and ready to make whatever alterations to my daily schedule and lifestyle that may be required to change my life for the better.”
“Each day I will devote some time and effort to improving my self confidence. I will work hard to become surer of myself and more self-possessed.”

“I want to gain an objective view of my life in order for me to see what aspects of it should be improved on for me to achieve better happiness and improved success.”
“I will take time to make note of all my successes, and I will be sure to take pleasure in the results. I will also make every effort to learn from whatever failures or setbacks I may encounter, and be sure to view these as learning opportunities.”

“I will make every effort to change that which is in my power to change, but will also be careful to accept the things that are not within my power to change and instead work to changing my attitude toward and outlook on those things that displease me that I cannot change. Instead of becoming annoyed, I will try to become more philosophical about them.”

“My level of patience can be improved on. I will work to become less irritated by the pettier things in life.”

“I will avoid disturbing topics that upset me and those around me. I will not dwell on morbid or upsetting topics.”
“I will make every effort to focus on the pleasant things in life. I will focus on the sort of person I want to be.”

“I will make every effort to guard against my known weaknesses.”
“I will make note of my past mistakes. While I will be careful to not dwell on them so much that they overshadow future successes, it is important to recognize them so I can learn from them in the future.”

“I will make every effort to make careful note of those obstacles that stand between me and my future happiness, health and general security and peace of mind. I will also strive to see how they can be surmounted.”

“If I encounter disappointment this will not shake my faith in me or my abilities,”
“I will be able to better concentrate and focus.”

“I will be able to remember things with greater ease. My memory will improve.”
“My self control will increase.”

“I will develop a peace of mind and sense of tranquility.”

Of course, these are only suggestions. For maximum results, it is best to make a personal list of what you want to achieve, and work from there.


Enhanced by Zemanta

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"The Experiment"

Count your blessings